Continuously open feedback and initiative channel
The university’s open feedback channel is available for all LUT students, link to feedback channel. You can use it to offer feedback or development proposals on any matters related to the university. Quality System Manager Annikka Nurkka reads the messages regularly and ensures that the feedback and proposals are processed by the right party.
Rules of the feedback and initiative channel
- use the feedback form to tell us about any areas for improvement you have identified or to give us feedback on the university's activities so that we can address them and improve them.
- feedback providers are always asked to provide their contact details so that feedback and initiatives can be dealt with in the best possible way.
- personal data is kept confidential and only those who manage this feedback channel (Quality System Manager Annikka Nurkka, Coordinator Tanja Matikainen) and people who are requested to make additional investigations will be able to know the identity of the notifier, if necessary.
- data protection issues related to the channel are described in the Data Protection Notice.
Feedback and responces
The key tags used for Lahti Gym MOVEO can only be accessed at door B2. But I often arrive by taking the bus line 2 from the other side of the building, which leads to a long detour on foot to get to B2. I would like to ask why we can only enter through gate B2? Is it possible to open other doors to enter the building through the key tag? The entire building is connected everywhere, which doesn't make sense if it's for security reasons.
Response: Door B2 has been assigned by the facility management Lahden Tiedepuisto (which is not a part of LUT-Universities) as the door that students use outside opening hours of the reception. It is also a security reason, as it restricts the entrance to a singular side door, according to the facility services. The buildings and doors at Niemenkatu campus are not under our control. The building owners have made the rules regarding use of the facilities.
- When I took the electronic test, I was asked not to bring anything into the electronic test room. Nothing should be on the desk during the exam, but the keyboard and mouse used in the electronic test were very dirty. I wanted to use a piece of wet wipes before starting the test to clean up the keyboard and mouse used. Is it okay? If don't clean the keyboard and mouse, it may affect my exam.
Response: Together with the cleaning operator, the LUT facility service personnel will ensure that cleaning equipment will continuously be available in Exam rooms.
- I am a freshman of grade 1, and up to now, we have learned a lot of subjects, some subjects have got the GPA and credits, but from the results, there is an unfair phenomenon. For example, there are some students who have never come to school, who do not write their own work, but "borrow" from others, even in some practice classes, because those who have a good relationship with the tutor, they can directly get the answers to the weekly exercises, what's more, in some online tests in Moodle, someone asked others to give them a test, the so-called proxy test, and get a very high test score, but their final score is 5. On the contrary, some students who come to class every day and complete their homework and exams independently only get a low score of around 4, including me, of course. Nothing to study, just play every day, copying other people's work, cheating on exams to get high grades, this is obviously unfair and infuriating to those who study hard. As a result, many students do not want to study and only want to "borrow and cheat" to pass the course. So I want to ask that how to do this situation.
Responce: LUT University is committed in all of its activity to ethical and responsible conduct. Upon the registration all students are also committed in all of their activity to ethical and responsible conduct. All students bear responsibility for conducting studies in a responsible manner. If a student breaks the code, there are always consequences.
LUT has absolutely zero tolerance for cheating and any kind of misconduct in studies. All cases of suspected misconduct will be investigated, and any misconduct observed will lead to disciplinary measures: written caution (decided by the rector), expulsion (decided by the LUT board) and in addition to disciplinary actions, the assignment in question is failed. Also, offence will have financial implications such as withdrawal of possible scholarships.
During the fall semester 2022 alone, hundreds of assignments have been failed due to detected misconduct. LUT teachers are extremely experienced in evaluating assignments and offences against teaching are found. Students should not fool themselves in thinking that frauds are not discovered. For obvious reasons students do not tell other students about punishments they have received. Therefore, it might be that efficiency of LUT's fraud investigation process is not so well known among those students who conduct studies in a responsible manner.
Students' assignments are reviewed with the Turnitin plagiarism checker, and CodeGrade plagiarism detection programme is also used in confirming the plagiarism. In Exam examinations (electronic exams) the exam room is equipped with surveillance cameras, which record both picture and sound. Offence against teaching is not only a matter of disciplinary measures. It can also have an impact on the student's future. The good reputation is an important value in modern society. E.g. companies, employers and other universities (e.g. in applying for doctoral studies) might ask for a "Academic Conduct Report" in which is certified that the student has conducted his/her studies in a responsible manner. In case the student has cheated during LUT studies we will not write the report.
Education leading to the university's degree is based on scientific research and practices in the relevant professional field. It aims to support student learning. The studies should provide students with a good command and knowledge of their field. That is not possible to achieve by cheating. Do not resort to unethical behavior, the truth will be discovered at the latest in the first workplace and the career path of cheating student is not very promising.
Since the introduction of eLUT, users have given feedback on it
You will find the feedback received and the responses provided (on the original language of the message) from here.